Thursday 22 May 2014

1 Year to go....

Assalamualaikum...


It 19th May 2014.

Today I'm 'celebrating' my one year contract as second boss in the office.
I still remember when I received my offer letter... it was around 4.45pm and I was alone in the office. My neighbours colleagues has left the office early. Both are good friends and mates of mine.

After the meeting, I went to my room and saw 'SULIT' letter under my door. When I opened  the letter, I was shocked and speechless.

Then I started to cry.
Then, I made a phone call to one of my mate... I was still crying....;(

Why did I cry?
1. I never dream of becoming a boss not even a single second in my life picturing myself as a boss. I prefer to do my clinical routine rather than administrative task. I was really afraid that I could perform and handle the huge 'responsibilities' as second boss. May Allah ease my journey. and it has been a year. Thank Allah for guiding me.

2. I know that I am not 'his' favourite candidate to work with. And I also know about the politic in the office. So, I already imagined the scenarios that I will face for the next two years.


It took me 3 months to accept the fact and adapt with the new post. Struggling with huge workload in the office, meeting throughout the days and weeks, some on weekend... I feel guilty when I left my children with my husband for a meeting especially after office hour and weekend.

However, after a year...
Even though I was still struggling, but I have learn a lot of new things in my life and career. I also have learn that people just 'cut you deep' and accuse you without explanation. Even if you have explained they just do not want to listen. Even it is your close friend. Defamation make me stronger.

Thanks to Allah again,  I think positive things outweight the negative thing. 

Allah is the Best Planner.

Another year to go... I have promised myself, I WILL NOT RENEW MY CONTRACT.

May Allah ease my journey for another year. To all my colleagues who has supported me and give cooperation for the past one year, only Allah can repay your kindness.





No comments:

Post a Comment